Hiiiiiii.
I have been back for a day.
Cambodia was pretty fun, not used to the technology and everybody looking so fair yet. hahah.
Anyway, the pictures are all with my bro, hhahah, so he has to upload on fb!
First day!
I went to the cambodian cultural village to see their cultural shows, and I got freaked out and didn't walk finish the Judgement Tunnel & Ghost House. It was smth like a haunted house, like ppl scaring you, and loud scary music. I screamed at the kid that grabbed my leg. HAHA. Even tho I knew there were kids, I got freaked out. :O
In the end, my mom and me went out. Heh.
The second day we saw the sunrise, we woke up at 4.20? around there. We bought the oneday pass to go into the whole area of angkor watt. Had to climb the hill and there was a temple on top. It was totally dark, the only light was the tourguide's torch. Jeeeperrs.
But the sunrise was really beautiful, first I've seen(:
Climbed back down, and wow it was cold in the early morning.
Went for breakfast and spent the day at angkor watt, angkor tomb [my dad says it as "uncle tom" HAHA] etcetc. Rested a while back at the hotel and back to sightseeing and sunset!
Ohboy, I love the sunrise and sunset:D Beautiful!
Thirdday was spent at the waterfall at the long mountain. It was really long long long. It took about 1hplus to get there. Had to go out of the city, into the rice fields area, bumpy! then up the mountain! Even MORE bumpy. HAHAH super fun. Up and down!
All the way up and on the way we bought fresh bananas, I think there were 50 in one whole bunch for 4USD. It was really sweet, everything natural. My dad ate 9! :O
Went up the temple there, looked at the carvings of the Hindu gods in the small stream, saw the source of water of the lake we were going the next day [they just took water from there and drank directly!!] and not to forget the WATERFALL. HEE.
We picnic-ed there, and enjoyed the waddling in the waterfall. At least that was what me and my mom did. My dad, bro and tour guide went into the waterfall. Jealous much? HAHA.
But it was really fun. You had to step over and look at your feet all the time, to look out for the rocks. The water was clear and you can see everything inside. The stones and rocks were mossy, esp the ones in the water, so it was pretty slippery. But I really loved the waterfall!(:
Then aft, changed at hotel and left for central market, and dinner at Kacchel's[?] house.
We were all so touched by his life story. He actually married in to his boss' daughter but worked very hard. He knows how to play their traditional instrument, [learned by himself, smth like a erhu], welding, project manager for construction, tour guide, and not to mention he picked up english mostly by himself. He only went for 11 formal lessons, and learned the rest all by himself. He started off as a driver for tourists, and would wait at the airport to bring them round, asking them if they needed a driver, speaking simple english. When they spoke words he didnt understand, he would ask them to spell the word for him, and he would check it up in the dictionary while they were visiting the tourist attractions. How hardworking is that. He did alot more, and I must say we were all truly touched by him.
Last day was spent at the lake!
Dry season, its 5 times singapore's size.
Wet season, its 20 times singapore's size.
It was pretty creepy when you see all around you is nothing but water and you are in a small boat. Wah, I can imagine being stranded.
Last part was just sightseeing around the town and we checked out their shopping centre. Its deserted. It's super small, only has probably 3 clothing shops, a supermarket, a fastfood restaurant, an electronic store, a mobile phone store. And that's about it. My dad says the locals can't afford going there, it's too expensive. Equivelent to a LV shop for us in singapore:X
The trip was an eye-opener, a good experience, to learn how to appreciate what we have.
I love their fruit shakes btw! HAHA.
I have alot more to say abt the trip, but if I go any further, I think the post will be super long hahahah.
Oh, and quite a few of the locals said I looked like their local people! Khmer people!:O
khmer = pronounce as ker-meh
I'll try to get some pictures up here anw.
Oh, and had an outing with pri sch mates today.
hahha, roof top garden, escalators, and bodyguards&assasins. HAHA